Let’s face it, the cost of living is increasing all the time but our wages are not increasing at the same rate so it’s important to find as many ways as we can to cut costs.
For many of us, our grocery budget is a huge chunk of our monthly budget. One way to save money on groceries is with homemade Spices and seasonings.
Making your own spices and seasonings at home is surprisings simple and can save you a ton of money. You can make a large batch of seasonings you use frequently like taco seasoning, for example.
I like to store mine in a mason jar and then I have it on hand whenever I need it.
You can find an amazing deal on some perfect jars for your DIY homemade spices on Amazon. Ill link to them below if you want to check them out.
There is also an amazing DIY tutorial from Hometalk container labels that will work perfect for your new spice jars. All you need is some packaging tape and the ability to print on a regular plain white sheet of paper. Check out the video below.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through one of my links. This is at no additional cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Homemade Spices & Seasoning Blends
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe by thetoastedpinenut.com
- Homemade Basic Chilli Powder Recipe by wholenewmom.com
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning Recipe by hip2save.com
- Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe by frugalhausfrau.com
- Homemade Jamaican Jerk Blend Recipe by savorythoughts.com
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe by countryhillcottage.com
- Homemade Seasoned Salt Recipe by spendwithpennies.com
- Homemade Sloppy Joe Mix Recipe by savingslifestyle.com
- Homemade Poultry Seasoning Recipe by savoryexperiments.com
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning Recipe by fitfoodiefinds.com
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning Recipe by easyfamilyrecipes.com
- Homemade Citrus Herb Seasoning Recipe by sarahhearts.com
- Homemade Garlic Bread Seasoning Recipe by ourbestbites.com
- Homemade Ramen Seasoning Recipe by funhappyhome.com
- Homemade Burger & French Fry Seasoning Recipe by familyfreshmeals.com
- Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning Recipe by therisingspoon.com
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Seasoning Recipe by twitchetts.com
- Homemade Guacamole Seasoning Recipe by creativehomemaking.com
- Homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning Recipe by culinaryhill.com
- Homemade Pizza Seasoning Recipe by lilluna.com
- Homemade BBQ Seasoning Recipe by myforkinglife.com
Not only do these homemade spices and seasonings save you a ton of money, but they also assure you that you know what is going into the foods you are eating and serving your family. You may be surprised at the amount of added ingredients in your everyday spices.
Save Even More On Your Groceries
For more ways to save money on your groceries, you may want to check out my other posts:
If you have some money saving tips you use when grocery shopping, I would love to hear about them in the comments. You can join me on Facebook here where I am always sharing money saving tips and tricks and ideas to make extra money.